Welcome to Electrical Installation
We are really pleased to see you here and hope
you enjoy our Digital Pre-Programme event.
On this page you will find various activities to help you to get ready for your LIVE event with us on Wednesday 30 June at 1pm:
Here is the link to the: Student Microsoft Teams LIVE session
When you join the session, you should have your camera switched off but you will need to have a working microphone in your device so that we can hear you talk.
By sharing video with us you agree to the video being used by Loughborough College and shared with the other participants in the meeting.
To help you get started:
- Watch the video below: “Meet the tutors”
- Complete the activities
- Watch some fun, interesting videos that give you an insight into the life of an electrician!
- If you have any questions you can send me an email and I'll try to answer them during the LIVE event: Shane.Payne@loucoll.ac.uk
We would like you to take part in the following activities (which you can access from the menu bar to your left):
Activities to complete:
- Tools and PPE Identification and use activity. Live now for you to take part in prior to the event.
- Lights circuit experiment. Live now! Have a go at the experiment and share your results. Please watch the video tutorial on the relevant page :) Ensure you have permission as explained in the video!
- Fault finding activity. We will do this during the LIVE event. It will involve a short presentation and task for you to complete at the end.
Taking part in these activities will give you an insight into what you will learn with us, as well as give us an understanding of what knowledge and skills you already have. As an Electrician you will need to have good practical skills, Health and Safety awareness and a good level of maths and English. The activities set will cover some of these areas.